Our Workshops are designed to provide specialized professional development in a live (often virtual) format with a keen focus on interaction and Q&A (as opposed to lecture only). Specialized clinicians, pathologists, and others interested in the topics are invited to join! Due to the focus on live interaction, workshops are not recorded. If you are unable to attend our events due to scheduling, please let us know so we can adjust.
Our community-building efforts consist of Focus Forums and social events that will bring together clinicians and pathologists to share their perspectives, address challenges, promote solidarity, and have fun.
To inquire about institutional resident training rounds or personalized specialty skills development, please fill out our contact form.
Workshops Open for Registration
These workshops are open for registration now!
Workshops are $25.
These are some of the planned workshops coming up later this year!
Tickets and registration will be available closer to the date.
Ocular Pathology Workshops
- Neuroectodermal tumors (dogs and cats): Who you callin' primitive?
- Non-neoplastic pigmentary lesions of the uvea (dogs): melanosis and pigmentary cystic uveitis
- Dry-eye disease and pigmentary keratopathy
- Lens luxations - causes and considerations
- Retinal lesions - Inner, outer, both, and full-thickness atrophy
Oral Pathology Workshops
- Immune-mediated mucosal diseases
- Embryogenesis of dental structures
- Non-tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma of dogs
- Biopsy sample collection
- Margin evaluation of maxillectomy and mandibulectomy samples
- Oral and Maxillofacial sarcomas of cats
- Osteosarcoma of the jaws
- Ending on a high note: how to provide a useful interpretation when the biopsy findings are complicated, chronic, and non-specific
- Comparative embryology and development of hairs and other specialized adnexal structures
- Sleuthing it out: diagnostic conundrums in dermatopathology
- Recognizing the spectrum of solar injury
Clinical Pathology Workshops
- Clinical chemistry
- Bone Marrow Analysis
- Coccidomycosis diagnostics - cytology, serology, and urine antigen testing
- Exploring different business models for independent pathology practice
- Building a business around your passion
- Laying the foundation
- Pitfalls of independent practice: the cult of personality